Thursday 16 October 2014

First Post from Bishkek

First day at school.

In my previous post, you read about my journey from Quetta to Kabul to take a tough admissions exam. After taking the test, I got the confirmation email that said I was accepted to the Silk Road International School in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. I was very excited to start my school and meet many people from around the world. On my first day of school, I just loved it. The teachers and the students are very friendly. My new school provides many facilities for students like library, smart-boards in every class, a basketball court and a football ground, table tennis, ICT lab with internet connected to each computer and a clean and neat environment. My first day at my new school went pretty well. A new classmate of mine from Pakistan gave me a school tour and during lunch we went to the cafeteria and enjoyed some Kyrgyz food. During Physical Education class my classmates were playing football but I didn't join them because I am not a very big fan of football. I preferred to play basketball with some other students. In our class, we have students from Pakistan, Turkey, Kurdistan, Afghanistan and local students from Kyrgyzstan. All of my other classmates live in Kyrgyzstan with their families and they usually ask me if I miss my family and I answer, "I do miss my family, but I am very happy to have this opportunity." I am taking Russian, Kyrgyz and French classes too and I am very excited to be fluent in three more languages. 






So my first paragraph was about my school. Now let me write about one of my adventures in Bishkek. One day when I was going to school, I took Marshrutka (bus) #106 which I usually take to go to school. One day I took the #106 and as I was sitting in the bus I saw that it suddenly changed its route. I was looking outside the window and I was thinking that I have never been here, it's so strange. The bus took me to the station where all the other marshrutka drivers wait to turn around and start their route again. At the last stop, I got off from the bus and I was very worried because I had a quiz in World History and I was getting late for my school. I called my host mother, Kara Lozier, a very kindhearted woman, who has come from the U.S. to be my guardian. And then, my host mom asked me to give the mobile phone to one of the drivers so one of our housemates could talk with him in Russian to tell me which marshtrutka to take to my school. And then I once again took #106 and this time I reached my school and I was very happy. The same day our school took us to a cinema and we watched a wonderful historic Kyrgyz movie, Kurmanjan Datka, Queen of the Mountains.

It was all in Kyrgyz language and the sub-tittles were in Russian, but I enjoyed it. I learned a lot about Kyrgyzstan and hope to learn a lot more in my next nine months here.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good, Mateen. you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MBBS in International School of Medicine : https://www.prologueabroad.com/international-school-of-medicine

    ReplyDelete